The recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo is from Rawfully Organic and I actually followed it to the T. That might be a first. Kristina, from Rawfully Organic and Fully Raw is amazing, fully raw and does the 80/10/10 low fat thing. Personally, I would have doubled the amount of pine nuts (1/2 cup instead of 1/4) to make it creamier. I made this on a Friday night and took leftovers to a bbq on Saturday — it makes quite a bit.
I was super psyched to use my new spiralizer and the noodles turned out beautifully. My friends were pretty impressed and had to ask what the noodles were made from!
Alfredo Sauce — I did not use celery, red bell pepper or lemon
- 3-5 Large Zucchinis
- Quarter Cup Pine Nuts
- Cauliflower: Quarter to Half of One
- Handful of Basil
- Small Amount of Sage
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Optional: Sliced Cherry Tomatoes as a Topping
- Optional: Juice of a Lemon
- Optional: Red Bell Pepper
- Optional: Celery for the Dressing
- First, you are going to peel your zucchinis to create more of a “white fat noodle.”
- You will then run these through the spiralizer as shown in the video here.
- Secondly, in a vitamix you will blend one zucchini with the clove of garlic, sage, and a quarter cup of pine nuts and basil. If you want to add in celery for extra saltiness, please do! Note: adding more celery will increase the water content of the recipe. It will lessen the creaminess of the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the noodles, and massage it in with your hands!
- The last step is to create your cauliflower “cheese” by chopping the cauliflower and grating it in your food processor until it becomes like snow that you can sprinkle over your fettuccine. You can also add a little cauliflower in your dressing if you want it to be thicker and taste (even smell!) more like a “cheese.”
- Top with basil and enjoy this low fat vegan (and oil free) recipe that will take you back to moments of true satisfaction! LOVE this recipe, and please share the video with family and friends at dinner!